Thursday, July 21, 2011

Find: to discover by the intellect or feeling; to meet with; a particular object of my affection.

Inspiration is quite tangible for me, meaning, I like to be able to touch it. I am in an industry (if it's not clear yet, this Certain Spectacle is my work) where what I produce is highly affected by the work of other dreamers and creators. If I could, I would build, stitch, paint and weld every last detail, but as it stands I rely heavily on talented furniture designers, artists, carpenters, lightologists, etc.

What I love about the way I do what I do, is that I get to see, touch, smell, and even hear the stories behind the goods that will be the basis for a new space. A space that will have it's own sights, smells, tastes and stories. These are a few new finds I am particularly fond of.



I brought the farm table, old red amunition box, and mirror home that day. The mantle from an old mansion on Logan Blvd would have come with me too if I could have carried it.


No comments:

Post a Comment